Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ac3dc11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all the help on the community and support. I have been frustrated for a month now off and on. I had to replace my batteries ( I have 2 wire free cameras) . This shouldn't take hours out of my life to get back up and running. 

I can not for the life of me to get them to sync back up. They (cameras) don't flash a blue light or nothing. I have checked batteries. Just bought a new tester from Tenergy for that. I look to make sure batteries are in correctly. Remove and place back. My internet / wifi seems to be fine and lit on base.

I have reset from base. Removed device from account. Redo. Press the sync button on base it flashes. Press not hold sync button on camera (tried each various times). Tried press and hold. And nothing. 

What do I try do next?

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@ac3dc11

It has been a long time since I had to change the batteries in my wire free cameras, so bear with me here. If everything else appears normal, drop the batteries into their proper places in the cameras and let the closing of the battery cover assert the proper amount of pressure to the batteries. Since batteries, (especially from each different manufavturer), have slightly different physical dimensions, sometimes the batteries do not make proper connection inside the camera. This has tripped up several people.

Next, in your app, go to the Devices page and Add A Thing. At this point just quickly press on the sync button on the base and let go. The rightmost LED on the base should start flashing. Then briefly press the sync button on the cameras and see what happens. Follow the rest of the instructions in the app.

Hope that works for you.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You say you tried several ways, just so you know, it is Quickly press the base sync and then the cameras sync,

don't hold.

If you base is near yr router, try and move it as far away as the cable allows, attemp sync again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ac3dc11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks I guess. Thought my post was long enough that I explained I have done all that many times.