Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

unable to claim device

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RobCam04
Follower
Follower
We have been gifted the VMS3230 arlo HD security camera system by our friends. We keep getting only so far in the set up before it then says "unable to claim this device" ... our friends have logged out of their account & we have rebooted it multiple times. .. unsure of what other possible reasons it could be?..
We are NZ based and have read other answers to peoples questions on line but can't seem to find a solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@RobCam04

I am assuming the system was previously registered to your friend and he decided to give it to you because the message about being unable to claim your base station usually means that the system was previously owned and was not removed from the original owner's account.

If I am correct in my assumption, have your friend log on to his account, and go to the Devices page and remove each camera from his account and lastly remove the base station. Once he has no devices left in his account, you should be able to add your base to your account and sync the cameras. This is a security feature to prevent someone stealing your system and trying to sell or use it. This feature applies only to the base station, not to individual cameras.

Brian