Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wire free camera records every hour at the same time without being triggered by motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jdwait
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three cameras. One of them, if motion triggered, will then start recording at the same exact time for several hours thereafter. So, if it goes off at 1:22, it then goes off at 2:22 and 3:22, etc. sometimes up to three or four times. I don’t see anything triggering it the first time, though I realize you don’t always see what has triggered it (like when a bee flies up to it). Any thoughts? I’ve reset everything several times, but it still happens. Not every day, but at least  a few times a week. Usually at night. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jdwait
Aspirant
Aspirant

Taking the batteries out and re-setting the mode did not seem to make a difference, so I hit "Remove Device" in settings and then re-synced with the modem. The problem has apparently been solved. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jdwait,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? If you're using a custom mode, try to delete that mode and re-create the mode.

If you still have problems, try removing the battery from that Arlo camera and re-inserting the camera a bit later to see if that helps resolve the issue.

Jdwait
Aspirant
Aspirant

Taking the batteries out and re-setting the mode did not seem to make a difference, so I hit "Remove Device" in settings and then re-synced with the modem. The problem has apparently been solved. Thanks.