Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PiangPiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

one of my Arlo wi-fi camera starts recording solid black video clips.
my model is vms3430. Firmware is 2.6.1

this camera has been working fine for the past 10 months, and just started record black video clips from time to time since few week ago.
Is this the problem with this camera or it can be something else?

any help is appreciated. thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try a battery pull reset

PiangPiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, Steve_t,

thank you for the advice. I just tried replacing the battery.

The solid back video issue seems happens from time to time, so I need to keep observiing it for few days to see if there is still solid black video clip comes out.

So, do you think it's the issue with the camera? Pulling battery reset will fix this issue?

thanks.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it solid black at night only? Do you get any pink/red video during the day?

PiangPiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, Steve_t,

so far, the solid black video clip only happens during the night. During the day it seems working just fine. I don't see pink or red clip.

And the solid black video clip issue happens from time to time inconsistently. So, it's like the issue comes out now, after a while it seems working fine again during the night.

The solid black video clip look like this below, the whole screen is black through the whole 10seconds it records.

Thanks.

wxid_i5xemfrco0ox12_1542249572567_14.png

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you, when it's dark, go out and walk in front of the camera? Can you see the red IR LEDs turn on? When it's recording, can you illuminate the area very brightly? Maybe just shy of shining a flashlight directly into the camera

PiangPiang
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, @steve_t

lso shine a flashlight directly into the camera. at this moment, it seems recording with night vision fine. the solid black video clip occurs once a while. So.... I am not sure how to regenerate this issue then.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PiangPiang,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support