Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Connect To Base After replacing Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced the batteries in my cameras and have not been able to get my cameras to connect to the base ever since. It tells me my base is off-line but it’s not. Then it tells me the cameras cannot connect. A day later, I get an email from Arlo stating that my batteries are tired. I just put brand new batteries in the cameras. I do not understand what is going on, please help

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the base? What are the LEDs showing? What have you tried? What do you see?

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have rebooted several times and the base is online.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what are the base LEDs showing?

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
All lights are green and solid
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app (on WiFi and cell service) as well as a computer browser. Does any one work?

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not sure I understand, I have the app on my phone and that’s what I use. The cameras won’t connect but when I’m trying to get connection and it spins, it says at the bottom last connection was 2 hours ago. I don’t understand that because it doesn’t ever connect..
Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm trying to figure out if there's a difference when trying to access the system. If the cell service gets you the proper indications/displays but WiFi doesn't, that tends to imply something about your WiFi. Use of a computer browser is another way to check to see if it's something about the app or phone.

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I access my cameras with a computer app? I’ve akways used my phone
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no app for the computer. You just use a browser pointed to https://arlo.netgear.com

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I have that app on my phone. It’s still not working. I’ve attached what it’s saying. It’s not my internet. My computer and phone are working
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But you still haven't tried the browser nor have you said that you've tried using the app when connected to WiFi as well as cell service (away from home). That's valuable information to know if one works but another doesn't.

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t know what browser you are talking about??? I have tried the only app you have with WiFi and without WiFi and neither work. This is an issue with YOUR SOFTWARE! I have never had a problem in 2 years until now. Your IT needs to figure out if my equipment is bad, if your software needs updated, etc.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, I'm a user, not an employee.

If you read the documentation that came with your system as well as online here, you'll see that you can use either the app on a mobile device or a web browser on a computer. You say you have a computer so you likely have been using a browser on that for web surfing, email, whatever. Open that browser and type in:

https://arlo.netgear.com

and log in.

My system is working fine so it's not a specific issue that's widespread causing everyone to have problems. We're trying to figure out if it's an app display issue or if the browser login has the same issue. Until you try, we don't know the answer.

You can also try unplugging you modem, router and base and then plug them back in, in that exact order. Wait for each unit to fully boot (~2 minutes) before plugging the next one in.

If all else fails, open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think this has something to do with the camera. My other camera is connecting.
Hlcraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I tried logging in from a browser and it still won’t connect. When I get home from work I will try unplugging everything and see if that works.