Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Dodolah
Star
Star
My arlo gets stuck in getting status mode. First time happened. Is the website down?
16 REPLIES 16
TheHeathen
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem.  It's an issue both on the IOS app and the web. 

Dodolah
Star
Star
Yep. I just saw several new posts complaining the same issue. Gotta be ios and server problem.
mammothtarm
Star
Star
Same problem. Not very often, but I think it's down
negated
Guide
Guide

Yup, I dont use any app at all (WP user so...no app) but I've just been getting a "Getting Status..." message from the portal after logging in. I tried rebooting the device, my router, etc. 

Weirdly enough, the cameras still seem to be running and recording on the schedule. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Acyhuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just had this for a few hours and now this is happening to me, how long until this is resolved?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Acyhuk,

What issue are you experiencing? What device are you having the issue on?

JamesC

Snowjanie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stuck in status...uninstalled and reinstalled two times and still stuck in status.It worked for a few minutes but when went out of app and then reopened app it was restuck in status ..frustrated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Restart the phone as well as power cycle the base.
Snowjanie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok that worked for a few minutes but when I went out of the app on my iphone and then reopened app it was stuck in status
Also the desktop says it is offline yet the base has the three green bars
Snowjanie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I deleted the app from my phone and rebooted the base and now it is working on my deaktop yet what good will this product do for me if I cant use the app on my iphone?
Snowjanie
Aspirant
Aspirant
And now it isnt working at all
Should I return item?
Snowjanie
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is asking for a network security key number
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What did you do that caused it to ask for a network security key? The cameras only connect to the base and the base connects to the router through a cable so there's no netowrk key needed.

CurtisAnnaResta
Aspirant
Aspirant
We just set our up and our app stopped communicating to the cameras, getting status/ or not available showing on the app cameras area!!!
What do we do. Our friend claims the system is on an working ! But we still can't view it !???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base and your mobile device(s). Is this happening on both WiFi and cell service?