Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tansh
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo cams haven't been usable for several days now, when I launch the app it says I need to update the base station firmware first. Clicking the firmware update helps to initialize the action but it never happened to me I seems to complete successfully. Sometimes it toggles between saying the firmware is Up-to-date and Getting Information. I've tried restarting etc but nothing seems to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another thing that works for some is to start adding a new camera that doesn't actually exist. There will be a check for firmware for the base - let it happen. Once that's complete, just cancel the rest of the install.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@tansh,

Try to remove the power from the base station for a couple of seconds and power it up again. This allows the base to reboot and clear out any corrupted firmware issues. If that doesn't work, contact customer support.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another thing that works for some is to start adding a new camera that doesn't actually exist. There will be a check for firmware for the base - let it happen. Once that's complete, just cancel the rest of the install.

tansh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! This did the trick, finally