Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo haven't been used for several days. Stuck on firmware update.

My Arlo cams haven't been usable for several days now, when I launch the app it says I need to update the base station firmware first. Clicking the firmware update helps to initialize the action but it never happened to me I seems to complete successfully. Sometimes it toggles between saying the firmware is Up-to-date and Getting Information. I've tried restarting etc but nothing seems to work.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Arlo haven't been used for several days. Stuck on firmware update.

Another thing that works for some is to start adding a new camera that doesn't actually exist. There will be a check for firmware for the base - let it happen. Once that's complete, just cancel the rest of the install.

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
brh Master
Master

@tansh,

Try to remove the power from the base station for a couple of seconds and power it up again. This allows the base to reboot and clear out any corrupted firmware issues. If that doesn't work, contact customer support.

Brian

Message 2 of 4
Guru

Another thing that works for some is to start adding a new camera that doesn't actually exist. There will be a check for firmware for the base - let it happen. Once that's complete, just cancel the rest of the install.

Message 3 of 4
Aspirant

Thanks! This did the trick, finally

Message 4 of 4