Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base firmware update not taking

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ppnncc
Follower
Follower
Every time I login to the app or on my desktop it tells me my firmware for the base station needs to be updated. I keep doing it and it keeps telling me it needs to be done. The cameras are still recording but I can't get to the videos.
10 REPLIES 10
bluesofa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue, so any help much appreciated.

In my case it is with the update VMB3010 basestation 1.12.0.1_27940,xagent 3.2.7-rc1

Apparently released Nov 2018, though I have had the cameras up and working since Jan 2019.

Message "A firmware update is required for your base station and camera, Let's start with the base station" Click on the helpful "update base station" (or alternatively go to My Devices>Base Settings>Device Info>Firmware>update), basestation goes offline for >40min and then returns to the same state. 

Cameras, when not trying to update, appear to still record, but have the wrong timezone (though that could be my fault for not resetting the timezone to UTC at the time of initially trying to update the firmware)

Unfortunately, cameras are at my mother's house, so can only make remote attempts to fix at the moment.  Neither restarting the base station remotely, or going through the initial steps to add another device (a camera), solved the problem.

From other posts here, it looks like simply turning on and off the base station isn't going to work.  Any other suggestions (so I can try them when I'm next over, rather than try the turn on/off and then get stuck)?  Many thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

A reboot of the base station will be the first and easiest step to try and resolve this issue.

Pablicito64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've the same problem. Restoring

@ShayneS  ha scritto:

A reboot of the base station will be the first and easiest step to try and resolve this issue.

the factory defaults didn't solve the problem. Since I'm tryng to configure the Arlo system (VB3000+Arlo Wireless) as new, it's currently impossible to activate the device...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Pablicito64

Just to double check, you performed a factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 sec?

Pablicito64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer ShayneS.

Yes, I tried to factory reset the device keeping pushed the reset button for over 10 seconds. And I did it twice, the second time pushing it it for over 30 secs. I also resetted the router and checked the download/upload speed and DNS settings

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pablicito64

Is this for your Arlo Go or the Base Station? When reviewing your account I do not see an active Base Station.

Pablicito64
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Go is my actual working camera. I'm trying to add the base station and an Arlo Wire Free

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pablicito64

Is this a used system?

Pablicito64
Aspirant
Aspirant
He’s it is, but used by myself and removed from my account in the past
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pablicito64

Have you removed the device from the original account you setup the base with? I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support