Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zeke2
Star
Star

I have 6 of them and they just go off line at random times. They just worked for several days and all just went of line tonight.  At my age I can't be going up ladders every couple of days to get the cameras and try to get them back on line. VERY unreliable as a security system. MANY people seem to be complaining about the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you have to determine if they're actually offline. Start by using both the app and a browser for testing. If it's the app that shows this, try force closing it and open it again to see if there's a difference.

Zeke2
Star
Star

I'm using my Browser, and looking at "Devices".

The 6 cameras show "This Arlo device is offline.".

They were all working but went offline and won't come back. - Took out batteries, charged them, put them back in and closed/latched the door shut - Blue light came on for a moment or so then started blinking SLOWLY. It continues blinking slowly . Just continues blinking slowly -  steadily on and on slow blinking.  But it does NOT come back on line.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try pressing the sync button on the base briefly (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then the sync button on one camera. Any luck?

Zeke2
Star
Star

"Try pressing the sync button on the base briefly (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then the sync button on one camera. Any luck?"

Tried that. ----No luck

Zeke2
Star
Star

At some point this evening all cameras came back on line by themselves (no action on my part).  When they came back on line all power levels were down to 37%.  They were just short of full when they went off line.  Will spend tomorrow re-charging.