Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Philing
Guide
Guide

For some reason I came home today with Dog Poop on my lawn and my camera didn't capture who did it. Don't know why? My last recording on 4/4/18 was about 7:30 PM, and then today the first recording was listed at 7:54, so it was about 12 hours with no recordings? So during that time the poop ended up on the lawn and I don't know who did it. My back door camera recorded some movement around 4:15 am, so my wi-fi was not down, everything else was working. 

If anyone knows the reason why this would happen I would appreciate knowing how it works. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Philing
Guide
Guide

I have it set pretty sensitive, but I'll increase it even more. I appreciate your answer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Philing wrote:

For some reason I came home today with Dog Poop on my lawn and my camera didn't capture who did it. So during that time the poop ended up on the lawn and I don't know who did it.

a dog did it  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Philing
Guide
Guide

The dog did it was obvious.

But since I need to be specific for some in the community I see, I don't know which dog nor which owner of the dog allowed the poop to be on the lawn. 

My SPECIFIC question is, how come the Arlo camera didn't record the dog and his owner during the time they allowed the dog to poop on the lawn? I have my motion sensor set a little more sensitive on that particular camera so that I can catch whoever is allowing the dog to poop on the lawn, but there was no recording for about 12 hours and it's the 1st time it's happened. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The dog may be small enough or moved slowly enough to not cause triggering. Increase the camera motion sensitivity in your modes to see if that helps.

Philing
Guide
Guide

I have it set pretty sensitive, but I'll increase it even more. I appreciate your answer