Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo alert delay

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Octrojam
Guide
Guide

Over the past two or three months, Arlo motion alerts are coming 2-4 hours after the event occurs.  That is utterly useless.  What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you talking about the push notifications or the videos?

Either way, I guess your best plan is to scroll to the bottom of the page and hit "Contact Support" and get them to check what's happening on the back end

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Mine has been doing the same thing.   Alerts and also emails are delayed for hours which makes the cameras worthless.

Octrojam
Guide
Guide

The push notifications.  They come hours after they occur.  The videos are time stamped correctly, it appears, but when you rely on the camera to tell you when something happens, when it actually happens, it's not worth anything.  One night, my phone alerted me at 11pm.  I check my Arlo app only to find out that the last video recording was from 3 hours earlier.

alereis
Tutor
Tutor

I am seeing the same problem. The video does not show up in the library for more than 2 hours. For example, I had a video with timestamp at 8:55am and the video (and notifications - email and push notification) just came past 11am.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button). Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

I have done this and it continues to work inconsistently - late notifications, late emails, alerts with no video, etc.  

alereis
Tutor
Tutor

Same for me. Reboot the station few times already and the problem still happen.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

I hope potential customers are reading these before they waste their $.   I have tried the re-boot repeatedly.  Still not working correctly, which makes it worthless.

Octrojam
Guide
Guide

My wife is not happy with Arlo anymore. I'm looking at IP camera systems from Costco (Avertx, Lorex, etc). They're more expensive but I know that I'll have real-time, all-the-time access PLUS, it'll continuously record--not just short clips 

bigryry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the system and installed it yesterday. I updated everything and the cameras are working, I am also having the same problems where alerts, push notifications and videos are not showing up for hours after. 

This morning when I left for work there was no notification of me leaving, I checked the library after getting into work (50 minute ride) starting my computer, getting coffee, and logging in, the video was not in the library. An hour later from getting to work i received a notification and the video was now in the library 2 hours after the event happened. 

This is just one of many times this has happened since yesterday. And it is not consistant, some are immediately and some take hours. I am not sure if wifi strength may come into play? 

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

That exactly describes what happens to me.  6:30am video doesn't show up until about 2 hours later.   Email also 2 hrs late.  Just started happening weeks ago.

Octrojam
Guide
Guide

I think that the popularity of Arlo has reached a point where Netgear's cloud based back office just can't support the volume of cameras and users. The camera does what it's supposed to do--it triggers when it detects motion and captures video.  But the round trip from the camera to the cloud to my phone is just taking hours, as if there's a traffic jam of data.  As people start posting negative reviews in shopping sites, Netgear will start seeing sales slip and then maybe they'll pump some money into bigger server farms. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC