Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Hour Delay in Upload

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kevins77
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, just got the Arlo to replace my Blink system because I prefer IR over the bright lights of the Blink for night recording.  But, at least with the Blink system I was getting timely uploads and alerts.

Yesterday, as a test I had the system armed when I got home.  I have two cameras that would record when you come in from the garage (one that points at the front door and one at the door from the garage to the house (these two doors and cameras face each other).  The camera that is above the door in from the garage recorded and uploaded immediately.  There was a TWO HOUR delay on the other camera uploading whatever it recorded (or at least it was two hours until Arlo's servers indicated the video was there).

Is this typical behavior?  I am seriously considering just returning the Arlo's and putting the Blink back into place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Some people have reported a similar issue but I've yet to see it. Where it has been a problem, it's been a temporary one due to the AWS servers.

Maybe try a battery pull reset of the camera that took ages and a power cycle of the base

Failing that, if the cameras face each other and cover the same area at different angles, instead of 2 rules in your mode, have 4 rules so that each camera also triggers the other camera to record as well.

Failing that, contact support at the bottom of the page

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC