Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless - getting alerts but not saving videos to Library

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
KY_Dave
Follower
Follower

Everthing has been working well for the past couple of months since install.  But for the past two days, have been getting alerts but only the last video shows in the library.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SoonerRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Negative.  No recording for that period of time Aug 16-19th. Camera's started recording again on 8/20.   Interesting because we were travelling when it started working so no one had access to either the router or cameras/base station.  

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
SoonerRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here since August 15 getting notifications but nothing is being recorded.  Restarted ARLO base station and home router.   I'm also having problems watching live video.  There is a problem establishing a connection to media server

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KY_Dave, SoonerRob

Are you able to live stream and produce manual recordings? What device are you using that is behaving this way (Web client or app, model/OS version)?

Do you see this behavior across all of your devices?

JamesC

SoonerRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using the webui we receive this  message "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server".  With the Andoid app get the message "Camera Failed to Connect Please try again"   Internet connection is 50down/10up with no changes to config.  Same behaviour on all cameras.

Currently using Firmware Version: 1.7.5_6178 and Hardware Version: VMB3010r2.  

Restarted ARLO base station several times and confirmed router is connected to internet and no issues with latency or througput. 

Was able to ping the base station on my network and no ACLs etc blocking any outbound communication.  This started on 8/15.

Rob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth a router reboot just to be thorough.

SoonerRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

First thing I did. No luck. I was able to create a manual recording from one of my cameras.  Still getting motion notifications but still no recordings. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A day later - have they shown up?  There have been delays in the past where videos didn't show in the library until several hours had passed.

Tony123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why i can't save my Arlo video and pictures
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to manually download them from the library.

SoonerRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Negative.  No recording for that period of time Aug 16-19th. Camera's started recording again on 8/20.   Interesting because we were travelling when it started working so no one had access to either the router or cameras/base station.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SoonerRob,

I am glad to hear you are now receiving recordings as expected. Please let me know if you experience any more issues with this in the future. Feel free to post here or private message me with any new information.

Thank you,

JamesC

dillander
Tutor
Tutor
My arlo wireless are not recording video. I can manually record and veiw but it is not recording when motion detected.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dillander,

What is indicating motion is being detected? Are you receiving alerts?

Check your modes to make sure the correct mode is set for motion detection. If you are still having issues, consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button) and try again.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues,

JamesC

mauarg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. Since some weeks, I get the alerts but nothing is saved on the library. Any tips ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any possibility that there's a filter set in the library?  AT the top, look at the funnel-looking icon - should be empty, not green.  If green click on it and reset the filter.  Also, do you get numbers in the Devices tab on your individual camera indicating that there are videos available?

mauarg
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, no filters applied. I get the alert messages (e-mails) and app alerts but I don't get the videos saved, as they were before. I can manually save them normally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may have to open a case with support.  Does this happen with both the app and a browser?

mauarg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. It's exactly the same that happened in the case described above by a different user. Nothing was changed in the setup. It just stopped working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mauarg,

This could be due to old firmware on the base station/cameras. Check your firmware versions and make sure they are up to date.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select desired device > Device Info > Firmware.

Current firmware notes: Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

mauarg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, All firmaware at latest versions...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mauarg,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC