Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question regarding motion sensor sensitivity and adjusting it

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RPaulin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a 4 Arlo camera and base station system which I've been very happy with. All cameras get a pretty good signal and have great clarity even with the middle video setting.I've mounted the cameras outside at the corners of my home and keep playing with the motion sensitivity. I started with 100 but am now down to about 15 for all but the front porch and still get so many motion notices, it's driving me crazy. Other than the one at my front porch, all cameras are mounted under the eve pointing between my fence or home and includes the lawn area but not including the sidewalk or street. Any slight movement from bushes or even small bush branches triggers a notice so I'm getting somewhere between 30 and 40 notices for each camera a day. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions or do I need to move them so they do not include any plants which will be very hard to do and be of any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I'd find another location if it is possible.  IF you want some suggestions post a pic of the area that your trying to cover and I am sure you will get a few suggestions.  The batteries for this system are not cheap to repalce and over time it could get frustrating.

I had the same problem with one of my outdoor cameras,  on a day with any kind of wind, tree branches would set off a motion alert.  My solution, I moved the camera to the tree, covering the same area.

RPaulin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I'll have to spend some time and take pictures of the areas. Part of the camera addition is not only to see who is coming to our house, but also to see which people are letting their dogs use our yard for their bathroom without picking up after them (very frustrating).

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

It does take a little TRIAL AND ERROR testng to find the "right" place.

Question:  Does the camera have the street in the field of view?  asking becasue a passing car, if in the field of view, can set off a motion alert.  Its tricky becasue if you view the captured video you wont see the car sometimes because it moves in and out of the FOV to quick before the camera starts recording.