Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Argutos
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of our arlo cameras will not reset the battery indicator when new fully charged rechargeable batteries are installed. Is there something else to do to make that happen? All the others reset to 98-100%. This on is stuck at 48% which it was when the old rechargeable batteries removed.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and power button reboot the base.... off then on and wait 2 mins to come fully online

check

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Argutos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will I lose all the other cameras and have to resync them? I had a lot of trouble setting them up in the first place.
Argutos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried the power reset and didn’t change the %. Went from 48% to now 46%. Could it be the camera?
brh
Master
Master

@Argutos

If you are using the original Wire Free HD cameras with 4 batteries, bear in mind that the batteries work in pairs, so they can work with two batteries and show half the charge. The usual fix for this is to drop the batteries in and let the pressure of the battery cover exert the right amount of pressure to properly seat the batteries. Also look for corroded terminals inside the battery compartment. You also could try a set of Lithium batteries to see if it is a battery type problem.

Brian

Argutos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian,

The rechargeable batteries are new right out of the box and charge up before installation.  I think of the first 4 batteries, two were bad as they didn’t light up the charger but the recent four I replaced with were all green. They are tenergy 3.7v.  The camera just won’t reset the battery monitor and started discharging from 48% which is where the original rechargeable batteries were when removed.  Could the bad batteries have damaged the camera or vice versa?

thx

brh
Master
Master

@Argutos

It appears that one of the banks of the batteries is not working for some reason. Do the contacts appear to be clean?

Argutos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx! I’ll ck but it’s a new camera so wouldn’t expect corrosion?
brh
Master
Master

@Argutos

If it is a new camera, then you definitely need to contact Customer Support to get it exchanged under warranty.

Brian