Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - When motion is detected, video isn't recorded automatically

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
enn_ess
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I've just bought a brand new Arlo and have installed it as per the instructions.

Everything works ok except that when motion is detected, video isn't recorded automatically.

The running man icon shown on the cameras in the devices tab is always greyed out (never black), and no matter what I try I cannot get the camaeras 'armed'

Note that Motion is detected successfully by both of the cameras and I am sent email alerts.

With live view I am able to manually record video.

I have tried different modes 'All Motion On' and 'Schedule' and have also created a new mode ... each time ensuring that the "Record for a fixed length of time" is non-zero (set to 120s), but it has not made any difference.

I have also reset the base-station and re-synched the cameras, changed modes again but still the same issue occurs ... when motion is detected, video isn't recorded automatically.

Any help much appreiciated.

HW Version: VMB3010r2

Firmware:1.3.2078

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You need a firmware update

My base station firmware is 1.8.8.0_11528

All Motion On was removed and replaced a long time ago now.

You may struggle with updates if your internet connection is too slow

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
enn_ess
Tutor
Tutor

Some more information following on from above.

I have been changing modes etc. using a browser on my PC (which is obviously connected via LAN cable to the Base station), but I am unable to alter modes using the App on my phone (Android).

When I select the "Mode' tab on the APP my device is shown but it continually says "Getting Status...", and will stay like that indefinitely.

(Maybe the Netgear server is also unable to get the status of my device to find if "All Motion On" ... and so it doesn't record the video ???)

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You need a firmware update

My base station firmware is 1.8.8.0_11528

All Motion On was removed and replaced a long time ago now.

You may struggle with updates if your internet connection is too slow

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best/fastest way to fix this is to reset the base using the rest button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  That should get you the firmware updates and clear out the All Motion On/Off remnants of old firmware.

enn_ess
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

This morning it seems to be working OK in that video is being recorded when motion is detected. And the App is now showing the Mode information correctly as well and I now see an 'Armed' mode

I've just checked the base-station and it has been updated to 1.8.8.0_11528 - So it looks like the original Firmware supplied with the base-station didn't work!!  

I reset the base-station yesterday afternoon so it must have taken a while to initiate, download and install the firmware update.

It would be good to see when an upgrade is taking place and whether you need new firmware.