Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tenergy rechargeable batteries - review

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Just purchased tenergy charger and 4sets of rechargeable battery sets for my cameras. First time out they charged to 96%. After the first set was below 15%, I recharged them. Now re-installed they read only 48%? They charged until the charging lights went green. Do they have a memory?  I followed their instructions but I can't get a full recharge. Is this normal? 

Any help would be appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Thank everyone for your help and fast responses.. I followed your tips and re-installed them again.  They read fully charged.  I might have not pushed the door all the way down.. I will admit the release for the battery compartment is a slight temperamental.  My fingers seem to big to open the release lever LOL.

thank you again one and all......

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

got feeling is only one pair seated properly in cam.  (or one or two batteries in wrong).

Try taking out again and put back in. Dont push down and closing the door push them down.

Mine charge to 100% but ususally drop the first 10% more rapidly than thereafter.

Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to reload them and see if it makes a difference. If not, maybe I got a bad set? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

20170414_074533.jpg

When one set of batteries are put in backwards, the power commonly reads about 50%

I've have no issues with the cells and they do not have a memory effect

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also if you look closely at the copper terminals, you'll see the + or - sign cut into them

Morse is faster than texting!
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Thank everyone for your help and fast responses.. I followed your tips and re-installed them again.  They read fully charged.  I might have not pushed the door all the way down.. I will admit the release for the battery compartment is a slight temperamental.  My fingers seem to big to open the release lever LOL.

thank you again one and all......