Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
FoxRaynard
Star
Star

The web portal is broken. I cannot login or reset my password.

It's not an issue with my password as I can use it to login to the app.

The portal is making AJAX requests to https://ocapi-app.netgear.com/api which are failing. It looks like the API authorisation is failing (i.e. not my user authentication).

Here is a sample for the reset password AJAX request:

curl 'https://ocapi-app.netgear.com/api/resetPassword' -X OPTIONS -H 'Sec-Fetch-Mode: no-cors' -H 'Access-Control-Request-Method: POST' -H 'Origin: https://arlo.netgear.com' -H 'Referer: https://arlo.netgear.com/' -H 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36' -H 'DNT: 1' -H 'Access-Control-Request-Headers: auth-version,content-type,source' --compressed ;
curl 'https://ocapi-app.netgear.com/api/resetPassword' -H 'Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors' -H 'Origin: https://arlo.netgear.com' -H 'Auth-Version: 2' -H 'source: arloCamWeb' -H 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36' -H 'Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8' -H 'Accept: application/json, text/plain, */*' -H 'Referer: https://arlo.netgear.com/' -H 'DNT: 1' --data-binary '{"email":"*******@gmail.com","EnvSource":"prod"}' --compressed

And the response:

{"error":{"code":401,"context":null,"message":"Unauthorized. User is not authenticated.","status_code":401}}

I'm assuming this OCAPI is not the same as Salesforce Commerce Cloud OCAPI, if it is you need to fix your access token.

92 REPLIES 92
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janettechud wrote:
Can you help with my base station issue? It suddenly produced nothing but amber light on power ... I have performed all the necessary remedies even buying new base station. I still have just amber light

I think I answered that one on another thread.  Something is definitely wrong.  Double check the power connection first (and swap the adapter if you just used the old one when you changed the base).

If the power is ok, I think you need to contact support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

It would be very unusual for two base stations to have the same failure mode,  but not impossible.  And the amber power light is either power related or base station hardware - not an internet or camera connection issue.

janettechud
Star
Star
I have unplugged and changed cables - changed plug locations etc. As I now have a new base station I’ll phone support and see if they can help.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janettechud wrote:
I have unplugged and changed cables - changed plug locations etc. As I now have a new base station I’ll phone support and see if they can help.

Let us know how it comes out.

janettechud
Star
Star

@StephenB wrote:

@janettechud wrote:

Let us know how it comes out.

janettechud
Star
Star

I tried the Canadian support phone number 1-833-290-9488.  After the usual language preference and eliminations, the phone system  refused to accept my request for a new ticket for support.  Just had me going around and around in circles.  Is there an email address?  

janettechud
Star
Star

I have a case number .... 41100111.  Progress.   

lordsparky
Tutor
Tutor

They need a checkbox for staying logged in. So stupid.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I now noticed that as soon as there was a new recording, the little badge in the left bottom corner does not show anymore when the last recording occured. It just vanishes and only returns when the page was closed and you logged back in. This happens on FF, Chrome and Edge browsers.

extremetm
Aspirant
Aspirant

So basically this company has crippled thousands of customers and all they can say is 'it's fixed or 'clear cache.'  No email, no warning, no nothing. Just make yet another change and hope for the best while we sit there typing in passwords and wondering what the flup happened. 

I was on the fence about changing to Nest. Thank you Arlo for making my decision. 

NewtoArlo2K17
Star
Star

@extremetm wrote:

So basically this company has crippled thousands of customers and all they can say is 'it's fixed or 'clear cache.'  No email, no warning, no nothing. Just make yet another change and hope for the best while we sit there typing in passwords and wondering what the flup happened. 

I was on the fence about changing to Nest. Thank you Arlo for making my decision. 

I had to turn off authentication because even though I have only 1 PC and only use Chrome every time I check my cameras in addition to logging in every time now it also thinks I'm on a different PC and asks for authentication

Sp8cemanSp1ff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Completely broken from any browser.  Able to login on Android app, but unable to login on MacOS or Windows, on Firefox, Safari, or even Internet Explorer.

@JessicaP - can we at least get a post on status.arlo.com acknowledging this problem?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It is working for me from Chrome.  Are you sure this is really a problem with the Arlo service?

janettechud
Star
Star
Some of the problems appear to be regional - I have no service at all on my Canadian base station - but the identical base station in USA works AOK.
Arlo’s silence and unreturned ticketed support does not build confidence.
Sp8cemanSp1ff
Aspirant
Aspirant

To anybody following this thread... I was still able to login to the app until I followed the instructions in their email and downloaded the new app.  Now I can't login anywhere!  No computer, no phone, no tablet.   Proceed carefully if you get the same email.

I've been on the phone for well over an hour and nothing they've recommended has helped.  The initial advice was "Your account is locked for multiple attempts.  Please wait 2-3 hours and try again."  Really?  I've been waiting the queue for 30-45 minutes just to talk to a person and now I hang up and wait multiple hours. 

Now I'm on hold while the poor lady is asking for permission to disassociate my equipment from my account so I can start over. 

I once managed a cloud service for a major network company.  I would lost my job if we did this to our service and our customers.  Sad that I have way too much money invested in their gear, or I'd buy something else and run away screaming. 

janettechud
Star
Star
It’s not good at all. I’m on my second attempt to instal a new base station and this one does not work either. That’s three defunct base stations. I have a ticket number - issued 5 days ago but no one has contacted me. I have too much money invested too ... maybe I’ll put tomorrow aside and try phoning.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@janettechud wrote:
It’s not good at all. I’m on my second attempt to instal a new base station and this one does not work either. That’s three defunct base stations. I have a ticket number - issued 5 days ago but no one has contacted me. I have too much money invested too ... maybe I’ll put tomorrow aside and try phoning.

Sorry this isn't working out.  Let us know the resolution (and I hope it's fixed quickly).

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everytime Arlo issues a app or firmware uddate they screw up a already crippled security system. Since updating to iOS app version 2.8(909) I am no longer able to edit rules in modes. I can make the changes but am unable to save. Save does not highlight and your forced to cancell to which resets to former modes. I am able to do so on PC running the newest windows 10 build in chrome. Unfortunately still have to jump through too many hoops just to log in and then more to enable flash which sometimes can be iffy. Don't know if Arlo will ever recover from their mistakes.

Sp8cemanSp1ff
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally some good news here.  Original agent promised to call me back in an hour.  After four hours, no call, and no responses to my email, I gave up and got on the support chat.  A guy named Mark was able to get my equipment disassociated with an account, and he walked me through re-onboarding to a new account.  Frustrating, but finally working.  Hope everybody doesn't have to start over.  Best wishes to all.