Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brianrx
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo wirefree (original) is no longer showing motion in video playback. It only shows a single still shot for the entire time. Any ideas on how to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you download the video? Does it play ok? Have you restarted the base and opened and closed the battery door on the camera?

Brianrx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for writing.  The video "plays", but the screen only shows a snapshot.  No moving video.  I recently changed batteries (yes, lithium), but have not rebooted the base station.  I will try that.

AlexisAndrews
Star
Star
Do we have an answer on this yet as I have not had reason to have my cameras running other than when I am out of the house which is set to all motion. And is geofencing. But never noticed the videos being just a still until now. I had people in my home and they were in and out and I was in the bedroom with the poodles. Cuz they were insane. And I turned on the cameras and every video with new batteries in some of the cameras but they are all working for live video.

I need to know what is causing this and how to fix it. Please help. Arlo wireless gen 1.

Update. Downloaded videos and all of the ones I downloaded had nothing in them just white or black background depending on which app and how you play the.m. Unable to upload video for this site
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the base. Try live view and manually record.