Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Zamorabythebay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was gifted an Arlo camera system from a friend, as they didn't need to use it for some time. It worked perfectly for them. I did installation just like the instructions said to. I factory reset is as well.  I have 3 green lights: Power, Internet, Cameras synced.  I see the Base on the Wireless Network Connection but it is failing to detect it on the computer for setup. 😕 any assistance would be appreciated. I am going to have my coworkers husband come look at it as well and see what magic he can do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to hold the rest button until the LEDs flash amber.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They need to remove ll devices in Settings, My Devices in their account before you can do anything.

Krishnas
Aspirant
Aspirant

In fact I had the same issue today... I was toiling almost for the past 2 hrs and tried all options.... the error message is mis leading... on phone app, there is no proper message... just says could not find any device... 

but on laptop it atleast suggested for factory reset and only after that it identified in a sec but said unable to claim the device... again the error message is not clear...

good to see the post and my situation was exactly the same along with model number... thanks for clarifying... I am going to inform my friend...

Zamorabythebay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your advice. I checked with them and all the devices were already off their account. So I'm still stumped. 😕

Zamorabythebay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm going to factory reset it for the third time and try again. Hopefully third time's the charm!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to hold the rest button until the LEDs flash amber.

Zamorabythebay
Aspirant
Aspirant

*raising roof* We got a working system! So I counted a slow 10 seconds each time like it said when holding the reset button.. but this time I just held it until I saw ALL the amber lights.... #facepalm #Iam thefastestslowcounterever #iseethelight #imlearnding #timetospy

KC9SOCR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I did what y'all said and held the factory reset until the lights flashed.  It found the unit immediately!  However, when I click on the serial number it asks me to rename the system.  When I click okay it tries to find the unit again and then can't find it again?  Any fixes to that?  Thanks in advance.IMG_2050.pngIMG_2051.pngIMG_2052.pngIMG_2053.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KC9SOCR,

Check Settings > My Devices. Does your base station show up here?

JamesC

blaringkiki
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly where I am at. I cannot get passed this screen. I have done it all, I called support and they couldn't help??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you done? WHat are the base LEDs showing? Is the base showing in Settings, My Devices? Have you removed everything from Settings, My Devices? Have you held the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?

KathyBaby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem as above. Green internet light, app recognizes the unit, then when I choose the serial number and time zone, says no devices found.  I have held the reset until all lights blink Amber, and in my settings there are no devices.  Please help!

KC9SOCR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay, the problem is your base station is registered to another email account. Call customer service and they can reset the base station.
KathyBaby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  Will try calling tomorrow.  Wonder if they are there on Sundays?  Odd that it would be registered to a different email since it was new in the box.