Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AussieTrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB5000 that I have 2 Ultra cameras attached, well did have. It would not connect to my mesh network anymore.

I have factory reset the SmartHub now all I get is a solid amber then a flashing amber. The ethernet cable is working fine and connecting to the internet, having tested it with my laptop.

So thinking that I just had to setup the hub as a new device would be the go. I get the Solid amber when I plug into power with the ethernet cable plugged in, then after a time I get a one flash blue/amber then flashing amber showing that there is no internet access.

What have I done wrong. I am having major problems with cameras dropping out. this all started when I changed over to an Eero 5 mesh network.

Anyone have an answers? I need to get this fixed.

Thank you

Trevor

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with Eero but are you plugging the hub into the main router or a satellite? Maybe that would provide a clue.

mmsumulong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem too. It seems our base stations are bricked. I tried refreshing my devices in my frontier modem and it no longer discovers my vmb5000. All other devices including mesh routers are redetected. This happened when I tried port forwarding my Arlo base station. tough luck on both of us.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmsumulong wrote:

This happened when I tried port forwarding my Arlo base station.

Did you try power cycling the base station?  or resetting it?

Are you seeing the base station IP address in your router's attached device list?

mmsumulong
Aspirant
Aspirant
After much tinkering with my (Frontier supplied) router, this was a result of being blocked by it. I had to specifically list the IP address of the base station in order for it to work again.
AussieTrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Main, it shows up in the Eero as connected to the network, but nothing past that to the Arlo app.

AussieTrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

My solution was to have a seperate wifi just for my Arlo and Netatmo weather station, both would not connect or stay connected. Now they both work without issue. I think it my be related to a mesh network having the same name for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. 

AussieTrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything, power cycled, factory reset, direct connect to Eero unit, disabled the 5 GHz band, nothing works.