Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve realised a lot of problems people have with the arlo system is due to lack of signal. Even when you do have 2 bars it’ll struggle. A lot of time this causes ur batteries to die quicker too.

Arlo desperately needs something similar to this...

It would recieve it’s signal from the base unit and boost it.

This way you won’t need to buy another base unit. Or try and plug in another cable into your home router (which no doubt is full already).

10 REPLIES 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm a new user to arlo myself. I have a netgear extender like that and have it in another room. I hooked up the arlo router to it and now my cameras have 3 bars on the signal. It works fine.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
But how. Which extender is it. I have this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01560JGQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0yjyBbA525354

But u can’t connect to to the base station with you can only use it to ur home router
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
They pretty much same. Is ur base unit connected to ur home internet router?

If so how have u gotten the extender to boost the base station signal.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

this extender is in another room away from my internet router, the arlo base in connected to this wifi extender in that other room. it increases the signal to all my cameras in that area. my fifth camera is in the same room as my internet router.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
But what is ur fifth camera connecting too??

By the sounds of it. Ur extender is connected to ur base station via Ethernet., then ur extender is broadcasting to all five of ur cameras.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

THIS IS A WIFI EXTENDER! it connects to my internet router via WIFI then i use a cat 5 cable to connect to the arlo base. all cameras run off the arlo base.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
This isn’t what I’m after. All you’ve done is moved ur base station to another room.

I want base station in a central room. An towards the edge of house a booster. Which will help with the cameras that are outside.

This is only possible with a second base unit and WiFi extenders.

OR

What Ring Doorbell have. A DEFICATED BOOSTER.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

you have wasted a lot of my time with your replies! what's it matter where the base is? it said in your first post you are looking for a better signal! I have provided you with a solution. and you've been on here a year?????

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
That’s not a solution. All you’ve done is transferred the signal from one side of ur house to another.

I’m after main signal in central part of House. And a booster for the outskirts.