Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app not working iOS or Android when on Verizon Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nicolemn
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo app (Android v2.5.2_21629) and (iOS v2.5.4) are not working when on our Verizon FiOS WiFi. Half the time the app fails to sign it, sometimes it signs in but then show no content, no cameras, no Mode tab and no library recordings.
It works fine on the same WiFi network when using on computer.
Works fine when using data on both Android and iOS.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nicolemn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

All other apps on the Android and iOS devices functioned totally normally on the same WiFi network. Arlo's web platform also functioned correctly on the same network.
The issue has resolved now but I am worries that it will happen again in the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicolemn,

This sounds like it could be an issue with the WiFi connection on your network. Do other applications that use internet on your mobile devices work when connected to the Verizon FiOS WiFi?

JamesC

nicolemn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

All other apps on the Android and iOS devices functioned totally normally on the same WiFi network. Arlo's web platform also functioned correctly on the same network.
The issue has resolved now but I am worries that it will happen again in the future.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicolemn,

This could have been a temporary ISP issue. I'm not seeing widespread complaints of this description, let us know if you experience this again.

JamesC