Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dw1970
Tutor
Tutor

New iPhone Pro 14, unable to add this as trusted device using email, entering code in app yields "There was a problem trusting this device. Try a...[sic]" repeatedly.

Looks like others have had the same problem.

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You could try logging in to your account using a pc web browser to my.arlo.com. Once in go to settings/account profile/login settings/two-step verification and trust the new phone, then edit to set it as primary to receive the 2fa requests.

dw1970
Tutor
Tutor

There's an option there to "Add a method," (of verification) but no option to trust a new phone.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If it is not appearing in the list you will need to delete and reinstall the app on the new phone.

dw1970
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, re-installing the app did the trick.

Madge2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no option to 'trust' new phone when u r in 2 step verification ...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Madge2022,

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here resolved the issue: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC

Madge2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I'm back to the same problem ...

New iPhone Pro 11, unable to add this as trusted device using email, entering code in app yields "There was a problem trusting this device. Try a...[sic]" repeatedly.

The only way it accepts the device is by typing DONT TRUST

I go out of the screen to my emails on my phone so it appears to log me out and when I go back to the Arlo app on my phone it sends a new security

Looks like lots n lots of others have had the same problem.

I'm very unhappy with the whole Arlo system.   You can't ever talk to a human ...

Looks like we are all covered by bots ?