Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MenSch0r
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all...

I have only a short question.

Is the Arlo Pro 2 Cam compatible with the Base from the Arlo VMB3010r2 Firmware:1.10.0.4_20963?

I would like to buy the Arlo Pro 2 Cam to intigrate in my exist Arlo.

Thank you to everyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any feature of the CAMERA is available regardless of the base station model. Any feature of the BASE has no effect on the camera used. The Pro base has the advanatges of having both a siren and USB drive capability that the original base lacks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@MenSch0r

Yes it is compatible. The original Wire Free, Pro and Pro2 cameras will work with either base station. But, for my money, I would also purchase the newer Pro base station and switch all the cameras to the new base due to all the advantages the Pro base offers. If you need a second base station due to low signal strength of some cameras, you could always use the original base to connect those cameras to. There is no limit to the number of base stations you can have hooked up to your system, ( I am currently using three base stations to achieve maximum signal strength for all my cameras).

Brian

MenSch0r
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh

Thank you for the information.
You mean, when I buy the pro 2 cam, I can't use some advantage from the cam. 
ex. I can't use the zone for actifity? Is that what you mean?
I want to buy this Pro 2 Cam for my livingroom. My livingroom is diagonal 10m and the Arlo Cam don't activate in this range from 6-10m. But I see that the Pro 2 Cam could it better. That is also a reason why I want to buy the Pro 2 Cam. 

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any feature of the CAMERA is available regardless of the base station model. Any feature of the BASE has no effect on the camera used. The Pro base has the advanatges of having both a siren and USB drive capability that the original base lacks.

MenSch0r
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ jguerdat

Ahh perfect. That is nice to know.

So I can buy the Pro 2 Cam for my station.

Thank you