Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video comes up as a 'win.dat' file which cannot be opened

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pattie
Follower
Follower

I did forward the video that was recorded to my e-mail but it comes up as a 'win.dat' file which cannot be opened.

This video from May 21, 2018 is evidence in a police investigation and is proof of a crime happening.

There should be a back door to retrieve this video - I can't believe it is gone forever.

Can you please check with the developers of the system to see if they can retrieve this video ?

It is needed by June 11, 2018 at 11 am.

Please help me by either sending me the video or telling me how to open the 'win.dat' file that it came through to my e-mail from Arlo.

Thank you ~

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you may have been using Outlook ( which can do this, converting file ).

If you originally d/led the file from Arlo library, then you prob still have the original file soemwhere on you computer.  Try a search for .mp4 files ( which is the original format )

also read this info re dat files ;   https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-open-dat-files/

As a final note. depending on your service level, it is possible to get the file back from Arlo.... ( it has worked a few times in the past, depends on how important it is to you )

Say you have the 7 days service ( Basic ).... go in to settings and pay for an upgrade to 30 days storage subscription for 1 month ( about $10 IIRC). ( new level will be Premier and go back to May 3 )... after the file should appear in your library for the past 30 days.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------