Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Yes, you are correct, the wireless and battery feature was why I chose Arlo but after a year or so getting tired of charging batteries I found these AC converters with ribbon cable that allowed cable to be ran easily through window sill and plugged inside I decided to ditch the batteries
LAL19
Guide
Guide
Smart idea but still not the premise of Wi-Fi Battery Camera. I have to believe Arlo will produce a firmware fix eventually. They had it once, just re-engineer the failure that caused the failure in battery life.
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Sounds good
PlzMrPlz
Initiate
Initiate
Since I installed the new App it’s been issue after issue. It says ALL 4 of my cams are offline even when my router and base station are online and working. My batteries in one cam went from 74% to 44% in less than an hour and now they’re all almost dead. I just replaced the batteries (expensive AND non-rechargeable batteries) I’m frustrated and confused.
MikeM79
Guide
Guide

Months later and these are still garbage eh?  I gave up and just left the dead cameras hanging off the house until this gets resolved.  By that point I probably will have installed my vastly better POE 4mp hard wired cameras through the attic, and then I'll just sell these for whatever triffle I can get or move them indoors to places I can't run wire to through drywall.  At any rate this product was mediocre until early summer when it became utterly useless because of the constant disconnects and battery failures.

Denisearlo
Guide
Guide

Black screen at 4 am, what good are these cameras??

livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just rebooted my hub as all 5 of my cameras were offline again. This is a freakin joke. Batteries appear to be dead on two cameras. They were fine yesterday. Don't buy an arlo, total crap.

MPCKC
Initiate
Initiate
Having same problem, I was hoping to find a solution other than buying a new system. We have a Blink at another property, 2 yr life on inexpensive lithium batteries and no issues.

Not only are my cameras going off line, but even the cameras online are no longer making recordings or sending alerts.

I think most of you have posted the only reasonable solution - buy another system. Sigh!
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
They will not . Not without legal pressure to do so . They've moved on from these cameras.
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
So the wire free wifi cameras that they advertised are not.
Jadegirl3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station went out
Kman63
Initiate
Initiate

I had my four cameras for a couple of years. About a year ago one camera just went off line. I've tried everything reboot ...

Just gave up settled using three cameras. Then the other day two more just went off line. Nothing has changed now I'm down to one working camera... Why is this happening and Why isn't there a real solution here? Why would one still be working if it was my wifi?

JPI80918
Star
Star

For what it's worth.  I had bought a 2 arlo set initially and was using that base.  A year or so later the 5 camera system was on sale on amazon so I had a second base.  I finally caved, removed my first base from the account and loaded my 2nd base instead.  I re-paired my cameras to the 2nd base after replacing all of the batteries.  Now everything is working again...but support was not really able to diagnose anything.  They never indicated there was any issue with the first base unit.  good luck.

MikeM79
Guide
Guide

Do you know the model #s of the two bases?  I was contemplating getting a PRO base and see if it would end this nonsense, at least I'd get local recording as an added feature.

OfflineOllie
Tutor
Tutor

Ineffective system! How does Arlo get away with this kind of shabby customer service? If their product is as bad as it appears, why hasn't the Fair Trade Commission stepped in yet with a massive recall? Before it gets to that, Arlo just needs to get their act together and supply customers with a stronger service - one that doesn't require owners to constantly remove and replace and reset.

JPI80918
Star
Star

Less than 2 weeks and a cam that always seems to have full wifi connection now has dead batteries again...and only 3 incidents were recorded.  This system is beyond help.  I'm pretty sure I'm ending my subscription this year.  No support, and just a forum full of people saying how dissatisfied they are.

LAL19
Guide
Guide
I’m in that boat with you and frustrated beyond hope that Arlo will fix the issue. There is a fix because these power problems occurred after a firmware update awhile ago. They caused the problem unintentionally/intentionally TBD. Are these power problems with newer Pro cameras? Are these problems occurring for paid data memory? TBD. I’d like to see what systems are having the battery issues.
Sealsparky
Initiate
Initiate
One option for rebooting the system while you are away would be to purchase a smart plug. You can toggle the plug on and off remotely from anywhere as long as the smart plug is connected to the internet. This only works on devices in this manner if you do not have to physically turn on power by a physical on/off switch. As long as you can turn the switch on and leave it on and it will stay in that state if it loses power, this will work. However, most electronic equipment, once it loses power, it will remain in the "turned off" state until a power button located on the device is turned on. Therefore making it impossible to turn it back on without physically being there. I am not sure how these base stations work concerning that but when I get home I will check my base station to confirm whether or not this is possible and I will submit an update.
scubadue
Aspirant
Aspirant

amen....I bought the camera to monitor them from 2000 miles away...I can't just  hop on a plane...then go out & climb up the ladder, disassemble the solar charging system etc. etc every week when they go offline!!! this is maddening.  I used to recommend Arlo to others...can't do that anymore till they find a way to fix offline systems from afar.

Shigga04
Tutor
Tutor
I have had my system for a year and a half and it was great until 6 months ago. Arlo offers no help in this matter and the suggestion to keep changing batteries is at best a temporary fix. Sorry for your troubles!
LdkE
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here - 3 cameras going constantly offline:
Base Station: 1.12.2.4_2772
Camera firmware: 1.3.319
Camera/Model: H7
Does the camera appear offline on the web browser & Arlo App? Yes
What Phone/Device/Model/OS Version are you using? 9.1.0.328 Android and MS Win10

Have all 3 cameras on an AC/DC adaptor so no battery drain and always full power supply.
Not always on property to check/change things in this crap.

This is the most annoying system I ever used - ARLO/Netgear's support is not existing and not responding here!
If there is the attempt for a law suit I am in - this company needs to feel the pain of their customers.

@ ARLO Moderator ShayneS:
Instead of sharing a link to the useless ARLO support why are you not getting us an update what the actions taken at ARLO to fix the crap you guys sold us?
Which stage is ARLO in with the fix for this totally unacceptable issues?
THAT and NOTHING ELSE is what we (the countless customers left alone with issues of your crap) want to hear from you ShayneS in this forum to avoid us return/discard this ARLO crap and change to another brand!!!

Aaronmelbourne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Use the app, go to devices, click on the Home base and restart the home base. Cameras will reappear without having to take batteries out!
Beauxdean
Tutor
Tutor

Well, here we are at 2019-09-29 and I (personally) am still not getting alerts when cameras go offline. If a person doesn't know their camera is offline, then that makes a VERY LARGE SECURITY ISSUE. Suppose an intruder sneaks up behind said person's camera and SHOOTS it. That would DEFINITELY take THAT camera offline, wouldn't it. You'd think that said person would want to know about that immediately, wouldn't ya... Most security systems DO alert if the cameras go offline immediately. Is Arlo for real or just like some sort of HI-TECH TOY

Pearlhandle54
Initiate
Initiate
I agree. As an IT professional, simply rebooting a system when it goes down to bring it back up isnt a solution. What is the root cause of WHY it does this? Currently my front door camera is offline. Its covered with a protective silicon case and its pretty high up so removing the batteries is out of the question. Eventually it comes back on line itself. What's the cause of this Arlo?
ransan1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

This pass Sunday i charged my four camera's.  I have one still offline.  Did the box reset, pushed the button on top of the camera, just flashes blue.  Any Thoughts?