Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Chiroe96
Follower
Follower

When I get notifications of motion on my cameras and go to the app to check the camera, I don't get video. I get stills instead, however, when I check the cameras on my laptop, I get video just fine.  Is there an update for the app to resolve this problem? This issue only occurs when trying to view motion notifications on my iPhone.

9 REPLIES 9
richmoorejr9331
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras do not record videos. When i open the app to review recent videos, I don’t get movies, I get snapshots sometimes and no recordings at other times.

Cubbiebear16
Tutor
Tutor
All of a sudden, all 3 of our Arlo cameras are taking still pictures instead of videos. Is there something I can do?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Which model Iphone do you have and what version of IOS?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

richmoorejr9331,

Have you checked the web portal to see if your videos are there? Also, is the running man logo black or grey?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Cubbiebear16,

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again?

Cubbiebear16
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, it rolls as though it’s playing the captured video but only plays stills on all 3 cameras.
Cubbiebear16
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry- didn’t see your question earlier. I have the iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

There has been an issue with playing recordings on any of the new Iphone XS series of phone. As Shayne said Arlo is aware of this.