Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Aspirant

Geofencing Is Not Recording When Away

I have started using Geofencing and ever since then my cameras don't seem to record ANYTHING when I am away from home. I know I get the mail at least once per day and use to see the mailman delivering but since I started using Geofencing nothing is recorded. I have geofencing using armed when I  am away and also armed on a schedule. Any ideas? The geofencing seems like the way to go but it seems to literally turn off my cameras at one of the times when I need it the most. Thanks.

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Re: Geofencing

Techteecher,

Have you tried to reboot your base station when this issue occurred? Do you have any power saving option enabled on your phone?

Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

I'm pretty sure the base station has been turned on and off since this and is still not working. My phone has no battery saving options running. I would imagine this is to be sure the GPS is working and the base station knows when I leave the house so it can run properly. I have even gone in and checked periodically when I am away from the house to see if the system is armed and each time I check it is. However, again, the mailman comes every day and I don't believe it has caught the mailman on film even though there are two cameras that should catch them as they approach the house. Any ideas what can be going on. I even tried to set the security lights to a schedule and the cameras to geofencing (before they were both set to geofencing) thinking that might be the problem. That hasn't helped. Thanks in advance.

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 3 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Techteecher,

What is the positioning like for these cameras? The cameras work best when an object moves from side to side versus coming directly toward the camera. I have attached a KB Article here for you that will help assist with camera placement. - How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

Message 4 of 4