Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Techteecher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have started using Geofencing and ever since then my cameras don't seem to record ANYTHING when I am away from home. I know I get the mail at least once per day and use to see the mailman delivering but since I started using Geofencing nothing is recorded. I have geofencing using armed when I  am away and also armed on a schedule. Any ideas? The geofencing seems like the way to go but it seems to literally turn off my cameras at one of the times when I need it the most. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Techteecher,

Have you tried to reboot your base station when this issue occurred? Do you have any power saving option enabled on your phone?

Techteecher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm pretty sure the base station has been turned on and off since this and is still not working. My phone has no battery saving options running. I would imagine this is to be sure the GPS is working and the base station knows when I leave the house so it can run properly. I have even gone in and checked periodically when I am away from the house to see if the system is armed and each time I check it is. However, again, the mailman comes every day and I don't believe it has caught the mailman on film even though there are two cameras that should catch them as they approach the house. Any ideas what can be going on. I even tried to set the security lights to a schedule and the cameras to geofencing (before they were both set to geofencing) thinking that might be the problem. That hasn't helped. Thanks in advance.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Techteecher,

What is the positioning like for these cameras? The cameras work best when an object moves from side to side versus coming directly toward the camera. I have attached a KB Article here for you that will help assist with camera placement. - How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?