Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
apd1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have created various modes and have them scheduled.  If I look on the web site they all appear to set properly, on my IOS app version 2.5.1 it shows disarmed.  My wife's IOS device running app version 2.4.5 shows the correct setting.  I've tried recreating the modes and the schedule with no luck,  I have deleted and reloaded the app on my phone (still version 2.5.1) with no luck and I've reset the base station again with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated

19 REPLIES 19
cortjan
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1

In my case, using the same version of the iOS app (2.5.1 released 18th of May) the schedule I have set months ago seems to have changed (a time window in of one day of the week, Monday, shows to be absent (I mean: it doesn't show up ), while in reality it then is activated, which is good).

However, the planning situation as showed in the browser is correct, which means there is a difference in activated time windows in browser and iOS app.

A guess is this bug has been introduced in the latest release update.

apd1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just downloaded vesion 2.5.2 and the error still occurs

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

It's been pretty quiet, I'm guessing most arlos are in working condition? Mine isn't! Since the update, it's been extremely unreliable. I thought it was working but once again it didn't record me coming and going. I checked my app and for some reason my rules that have been in place and saved were deleted. It recorded me earlier today but a few hours later, no recordings, no alerts, that's when my rules magically disappeared. I've already started all over as if it were brand new a few times already. No troubleshooting suggestions have worked. I've done all I can on my end and more. What gives? 

@apd1212 wrote:

Just downloaded vesion 2.5.2 and the error still occurs

Nick_357
Star
Star
2.5.2 and still no modes, just ”geting information”! Tried uninstalling apps and reseting both base stations. Been waiting for weeks now for a fix. We have had two arlo systems for over a year and now only my wife with version 2.4.9 can use the system.

Please go back to 2.4.9 which was working fine! Three releases and still no fix, cannot believe this!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

apd1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James....I would like to particpate in the field trial...thanks Alan

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @apd1212

I have added you to the field trial FW list. You should hear from the engineering team with further instructions within the next couple of days. We appreciate you taking the time!

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

cortjan
Aspirant
Aspirant

As long as is understood that my only problem (I hope...) is that schedules set by me show to be different in desktop browser and app, I am willing to sign up for experimental firmware.

Cortjan

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC add me in too if its not too late. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC wrote:

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Well they messed up again! I'm offline. This is ridiculous! 

MilesSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on iOS 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

keeso1
Tutor
Tutor
Good News everyone,Apple released the latest IOS 12 update and the app is now WORKING CORRECTLY....pass it on
Jmj93
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got this problem after the newest update I guess. How can this still be an issue??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Jmj93,

What iPhone are you using that shows your camera is showing disarmed but should be armed? Make sure you are on iOS 12.1, which is the latest version for iOS, and the latest app version, which is version 2.6.1.

DeanRichards
Star
Star

Was this issue fixed as mine has just started since the latest update

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @DeanRichards,

What iPhone are you using? And are you experiencing this issue through the web version? Make sure you are running your iPhone on the latest iOS version.

DeanRichards
Star
Star

of course i am using the latest IOS version and the latest iPhone ARLO app.  I am using an iPhone XS Max and found a fix to this issue on the weekend.

It is another  bug in your iPhone App.  

What I did to fix it was to go to:  Mode: Geofencing Edit (pencil icon): Changed the Radius from small to large: selected DONE: Saved: Geofencing Edit (pencil icon): Changed the Radius back from large to small: Selected DONE: Saved.

After doing this, it now functions properly. (until the next bug is found)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or Apple fixes their issues.