Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cameras No Longer Send Notifications & Sound To My Samsung Phone

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bmullenix
Guide
Guide

Since the latest Arlo app update I no longer receive notifications and sound on my Samsung J7 phone.  With some experimentation I did discover that if I enable "Allow Arlo to make and manage phone calls" it will work again.  My question is, why does Arlo need to make and manage phone calls on my phone?  The cameras are pretty useless if I don't receive alerts when someone or something is causing motion on my cameras.  I don't have that problem with my tablet.  I assume because it can't make phone calls.  But I don't have my tablet with me all the time.  I am hesitant to allow Arlo to make and manage phone calls on MY cell phone.  I see absolutely no reason why this would be necessary.  Anybody else having this problem?  Does anybody have any suggestions or know why I should Arlo this permission?

4 REPLIES 4
FoldsRule
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem.  Interesting that no one has replied to this.

bmullenix
Guide
Guide

I don't understand it either. Surely I am not the only one that has concerns about giving Arlo permission to make calls and manage my phone. I would think that at least Arlo support would make a comment on this but seems like no one cares. To me these cameras are useless because you can't get alerts and everyone that has asked me what I think of the Arlo cameras has gotten an earful. I don't know how they keep selling these things. I think I'm going to try to sell mine and get something better.

FoldsRule
Guide
Guide

That's what my husband said...sell and get something more reliable. Such a shame (and a waste of money).  They have great potential, but the support is lacking.

bmullenix
Guide
Guide

Totally agree.