Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wadehall
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo camera counters have not worked for several weeks.  Is there something I need to do to reset them?  It sounds like Arlo is aware of this problem.  Are they considering deleting this feature because it's causing problems with system?  A little feedback would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Great news! We have optimized your Arlo media counter to display a count of new media added to your library each time you log in. Our prior media counter implementation displayed a count of ALL media in your library which did not prove to be very informative to most users. This release is our first step in optimizing the media counter. We still have some work to do. 

Currently any time a new recording is triggered by any activity your counter increases by 1. Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.

The Arlo team is committed on further improving this area in subsequent releases.   

Thank you,
Arlo Team  
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:
Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.  

Hm, interesting.

At first, I was inclined to question that, as it seems to depart from the previous behavior. Before, didn't the counter always show the number of available videos to you that were retained in the library according to your subscription plan?

But, ok, resetting the counter when going into the library makes sense in a way, too. I'm sure we'll get used to it in time.

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

Schorschi wrote:

JamesC wrote:
Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.  

Hm, interesting.

At first, I was inclined to question that, as it seems to depart from the previous behavior. Before, didn't the counter always show the number of available videos to you that were retained in the library according to your subscription plan?

But, ok, resetting the counter when going into the library makes sense in a way, too. I'm sure we'll get used to it in time.

To me, that doesn't make a lick of sense. The counter should show the current count of events, for the current day!!! As a user/subscriber and this being a security system as marketed by netgear, it is up to each individual to do their own housekeeping, check your events and delete evrthing that doesn't matter. History, is history, I want current information for the current day!!! I can go into the library for history!!!

Gud Lawd!!!The counter should never clear, just because you go into the library, that's just ignorant!!! It should only start over when you've deleted the recordings for the current day!!!

I may want to know why traffic has all of a sudden increased in my neighborhood and I want the counter to count events, because that's what a counter is for!!!

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

If this is to be a first rate system and counters being fairly basic logic, there should be a counter for each day, or at least a seperate counter for the entire library.  

After you log in, the first thing you see is the cameras, so that counter should show the total events for the day so far!!! It should never be reset, just because you reviewed a clip in the library, never!!!

tfunkster200
Guide
Guide
This has been a very inconvienient change to say the least! I use this system to monitor caretakers and my father in law who has Alzheimer's. I have to view the library several times a day, but at the end of the day, I want to know how many events have been recorded. Now, I have to physically count the videos, all because the counters reset everytime I check the library! How ridiculous!!!! I spent almost $600.00 to manually hand count a daily number?? Really??? With all the other issues, and now this "upgrade", this system is not dependable, and now not user friendly. So disappointed!