Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Repair Out of warranty

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ROM2013
Tutor
Tutor

I have a camera 3 months out of warranty that drains the batteries in 30 days,I usually get 5 months on a set of batteries. Contacted support and was advised they don't repair cameras, unless its under warranty. Asked for corporate customer service phone number was given 1-408-907-8000, another dead end no option for corpotate customer service. Worst company ever! If anyone has a better phone number please advise. Otherwise I'll let the cameras die one by one and through the system in the garbage.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ROM2013,

Has there been more activity on the affected camera causing the battery to drain quicker than usual?

For more information on battery life, take a look here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera’s battery life?

JamesC

ROM2013
Tutor
Tutor

I have already been through Arlo Support, it’s a bad camera. The settings on the camera have not changed since it was installed. Out of my 5 cameras it gets the least activity. All my cameras are getting 5 months on the batteries which are Energizer cr123A. The camera in question now gets 30 days it happen on 2 battery changes. Prior to the problem developing it lasted 5 months. The problem is Netgear does not repair cameras out of warranty, which is a very poor policy considering the cost of a replacement! I will not spend any more money on this product if this is the company’s policy. I will not recommend any Netgear products, and I will advise of this Policy in any review I write regarding the product.

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem how can we get the camera repaired

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As mentioned above only opening a case with support will get you a replacement.
ROM2013
Tutor
Tutor

You can not get a camera repaired out of warranty ! I went through support and that was there reply.