Re: Arlo Camera Repair Out of warranty

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I have a camera 3 months out of warranty that drains the batteries in 30 days,I usually get 5 months on a set of batteries. Contacted support and was advised they don't repair cameras, unless its under warranty. Asked for corporate customer service phone number was given 1-408-907-8000, another dead end no option for corpotate customer service. Worst company ever! If anyone has a better phone number please advise. Otherwise I'll let the cameras die one by one and through the system in the garbage.

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

ROM2013,

Has there been more activity on the affected camera causing the battery to drain quicker than usual?

For more information on battery life, take a look here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera’s battery life?

JamesC

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I have already been through Arlo Support, it’s a bad camera. The settings on the camera have not changed since it was installed. Out of my 5 cameras it gets the least activity. All my cameras are getting 5 months on the batteries which are Energizer cr123A. The camera in question now gets 30 days it happen on 2 battery changes. Prior to the problem developing it lasted 5 months. The problem is Netgear does not repair cameras out of warranty, which is a very poor policy considering the cost of a replacement! I will not spend any more money on this product if this is the company’s policy. I will not recommend any Netgear products, and I will advise of this Policy in any review I write regarding the product.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem how can we get the camera repaired

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru
As mentioned above only opening a case with support will get you a replacement.
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

You can not get a camera repaired out of warranty ! I went through support and that was there reply.