Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Not Connecting To App

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

I am installing a Arlo base station and the app cannot find it, after the install I updated the firmware and have not been able to connect to it again. I tryed to connect on 2.4 and 5gz band, restarting and and reconnection the base station, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. what else can I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

I do not know what I did right but the solution has been solved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

And now I just did a reset twice, Is it time to send it back?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mirrortorrent wrote:

I am installing a Arlo base station and the app cannot find it, after the install I updated the firmware and have not been able to connect to it again. I tryed to connect on 2.4 and 5gz band, restarting and and reconnection the base station, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. what else can I try?

It sounds like you've already claimed the base - you wouldn't have been able to update the firmware otherwise. Once claimed, you can't claim it again - it's visible in Settings, My Devices. For the most part, that's all you do with it. Now it's time to sync the cameras to the base, pressing the base sync button briefly (don't hold it) and then a camera sync button.

If this isn't what you mean, what are th LEDs on the base showing? What do you mean by having "reset" twice? There's a big difference between power cycling the base and an actual rest using the rest button.

mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

for starters I have the 4000 series and no the base in not in my settings, when I try to sync a camera the app wants to find a base stations first and no camera to be found in my devices, when I reset I took a paper clip and put it in the tiny hole in the back, I have also done power cycling. and for the past two days I have been doing is.... 

open arlo app, add device, "select your arlo device", "arlo camera wire-free", "plug an Ethernet cable into your arlo base station or hub" continue, "power  your arlo base station or hub" continue, "discovering your device. please wait" For eternity "do not pass go, Do not collect Cameras" because it wont find anything base station or camera. I don’t know what else to do please help.

mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mirrortorrent wrote:

for starters I have the 4000 series and no the base in not in my settings, when I try to sync a camera the app wants to find a base stations first and no camera to be found in my devices, when I reset I took a paper clip and put it in the tiny hole in the back

You must claim th ebase first. If you have no devices listed in Settings, My Devices, the reset button should be used. You don't mention how long you held the button in - it has to be until the LEDs flash amber. Once it's rebooted and the power and Internet LEDs are green (the Camera LED sould be out or solid amber) you can claim the base by using the Add Device button (web) or + (app). Only when the base is claimed can you then sync the cameras by briefly pressing the base sync button (don't hold it) and then the camera sync button.

mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide

I do not know what I did right but the solution has been solved.

Godraaa6
Initiate
Initiate
This is exactly what is happening to me atm! How did you fix it? Heeeellllllppppp!!!!!!
mirrortorrent
Guide
Guide
Not exactly sure how, I did do resets and power resets eventually it did work. I just kept trying.