Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
newyorkgroove
Initiate
Initiate

I've had this problem for quite some time now and I don't recall that it was a problem prior to some recent Android system updates.

I have the Arlo notifications turned off in the settings of my Arlo app, however, it continues to send me notifications. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app followed by turning off the chime again in settings, to no avail. How to I turn off the chime notifications in the Arlo app? I suspect this is a software bug created with recent Android updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nighthawk11
Star
Star

I had the same issues. I went to settings, then app notifications, find the Arlo app and turn off notifications. Then open the app, select settings, then notifications. If it helps any, I found an older version of the app on APK Mirror, version 2.5.3_22376, which is working great with Android 8.1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nighthawk11
Star
Star

I had the same issues. I went to settings, then app notifications, find the Arlo app and turn off notifications. Then open the app, select settings, then notifications. If it helps any, I found an older version of the app on APK Mirror, version 2.5.3_22376, which is working great with Android 8.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running?

Nighthawk11
Star
Star
Using 2.5.3_22376
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're way behind - the latest is 2.6.5.

Nighthawk11
Star
Star
That's because it doesn't work well with Android 8.1. I tried everything on these forums to get it to work properly, and no joy. Either way, I have to use an older version to get it to work correctly.
newyorkgroove
Initiate
Initiate
I rolled back and that fixed it for me as well.