Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LexJDias
Follower
Follower

Why am I having so much trouble setting up the Base station. I note that its number is not being displayed. I have re-set the unit and set up cameras numorous time still no luck.

HELP     Maybe the best is to return it. Can't use it any way. Does not perform as advertized.

8 REPLIES 8
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LexJDias,

We apologize for the inconveniece you are expriencing.

Installing the Arlo needs the base station and the computer or mobile phone/tablet you are using be in the same LAN. You need a router where the base station should be connected via LAN cable. If that is a wireless router, mobile phone/tablet you use should be connected to the SSID/wireless network name of the router.

Checking the LEDs is also important.

Please visit these links below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/My-Arlo-base-station-is-offline-how-can-I-troub...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-In...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-and-sync-my-Arlo-cameras/ta-p/9...

Please let us know if you still get any trouble setting it up. 

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Bubba1023
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem my phone is connected to the WiFi the base station is hooked via ether net cable. And every time I try to set up it says that the base station can't be detected
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bubba1023,

Welcome to the community! What is the behavior of the internet LED on your base station (Dark, Amber, Green)? If it is dark that tells us it is not communicating at all with your router. This could indicate a bad ethernet cable, a bad router port, or a bad base station port or defective LED. If it is amber that means the base station is connecting to the router but is not detecting an internet connection. If it is green that means it is connected to the router and is picking up an internet connection. In this case consider a two button factory reset of the base station and attempt to go through the new system setup.

Let us know!

JamesC

Bubba1023
Aspirant
Aspirant
The led is green. We got it to set up on my wife's phone but not mine. I've reset my phone even deleted the app and reinstalled it and still nothing. It may be my phone. Thanks for the help but I still want it on my phone
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bubba1023,

You can log in from your phone by using the e-mail address you used on your wife's phone to set up the system. The account is not permanently bound to the device used for setup. Alternatively you can share cameras and send a friend invitation from the primary e-mail address to your e-mail address and create a friend account. If that sounds like a solution, take a look at the following article on friend account setup: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Arlofail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your comments are not helping bubba. Even with three green lights, no firewall and everything definitely set up properly, app still won't detect which leaves customer with no way to register at all. You guys keep assuming there is a mistake inthe way it is set up but I can assure you it's set up correctly. App just won't detect leave his with no way to refers tee or use the entire system. Arlo failure. Not customer
Arlofail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Meant to read " leaving us with no way to register or use the entire system ". Sorry for typo.
Arlofail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh I now see the message was not meant for bubba. Meant for James C