Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App says you are not connected to the internet.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
JCDinPGH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the Android app and reinstalled it. I have rebooted my Arlo hub. I currently have 3.0_28330 installed. I have tried when connected to wifi and also when not connected to wifi. I also tried to login to the WWW to see my cameras and after receiving the authentication code on my phone,  and clicking on approve before the 30 seconds is up, nothing happens on the www. I also tried using email authentication and after receiving the email and entering the code in the email, I consistently get a message saying "http failure response for https://ocapi-app.arlo.com/finishAuth:0 Unknown error.

I have no way to currently monitor my cameras as all authentication methods are failing. 

27 REPLIES 27
NorCalBenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello ShayneS and others interested,

The problem preventing me from accessing the Arlo cameras on both Safari and Chrome has been fixed.

Apparently, the problem was fixed when I ran Combo Cleaner to clean my MacBook.  There must have been some process preventing my Arlo access that the cleaner removed.

I purchased Combo Cleaner to fix a more recent problem with the Feed.chunckapp browser hijacker however it also fixed the older Arlo access problem.

I did open a case with Arlo Support a couple of weeks ago.  I sent them a lot of info and uploaded data.  The last I heard was they had sent the problem to Development.  I have notified them the problem has now cleared.

Thanks for your help,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NorCalBenny wrote:

I purchased Combo Cleaner to fix a more recent problem with the Feed.chunckapp browser hijacker however it also fixed the older Arlo access problem.

I suggest you change your Arlo account password (and though it's a pain, you probably should change the passwords on other accounts you accessed through your browser when you had the hijacker app installed).  

NorCalBenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, StephenB.

Good suggestion to reset my passwords. 

Fortunately, my key financial accounts require two-phase verification.   I also have a Security Freeze on my Credit reports so my information cannot be hacked to aquire any new credit.  

Thanks