Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vmc3030

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kris10
Initiate
Initiate
My camera keeps going offline, I’m constantly changing batteries, doing power cycles, even resetting it but it will come on for sometimes a few hours then go offline again. I haven’t done anything different. It worked great until the whole subscription thing happened. It’s super frustrating and now that I’m paying m a subscription fee every month for something that doesn’t even work, it’s more frustrating! I’ve even moved the base closer to the camera even though I never had to before when it worked good. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I literally tried everything and even have it connected to a wifi extender but no luck.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kris10 wrote:
My camera keeps going offline, I’m constantly changing batteries, doing power cycles, even resetting it but it will come on for sometimes a few hours then go offline again. I

This is with the original Wire-Free camera?  (The one with the four CR-123 batteries)?

Kris10
Initiate
Initiate
Yes that’s the one
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kris10 wrote:
Yes that’s the one

Ok.  Do you only have the one camera?

When the problem occurs, is the base going off-line, or just the camera?

One possibility is that the extender is dropping the connection to the router (which unfortunately can happen with extenders).