Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App login only works when connected to home wifi

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Evan
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past week, when i am on my cell phone (android, samsung S7, verizon 4G) the app will start up and say my camera's are not connected to the internet.  IF i am connected on my home network (netgear router), i can start the app, connect and modify camera's as neccessary.  It is only happening when not on my home wifi network.  My wife was able to connect over her phone network (iphone, sprint 4G) and manipulate the app just fine.  I have tried mulitple resets of the modem, router and base station (to include resyncing the cameras) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Love the netgear products i have and the cameras (going on three years), keep up the great work and hopefully we can solve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know if you've tried it, but go into the APP settings and FORCE STOP the app, then clear the CACHE and restart to see it it helps.

If not still working, then I would delete the app, restart/reboot the phone , and then re-install the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know if you've tried it, but go into the APP settings and FORCE STOP the app, then clear the CACHE and restart to see it it helps.

If not still working, then I would delete the app, restart/reboot the phone , and then re-install the app.

Morse is faster than texting!
Evan
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried all the steps (forcestopping the app, clear the cache and reinstalling the app, along with a reboot of the phone) and nothing worked.  I haven't found anything yet about samsung or android problems connecting or verizon service.  Thanks again for the information. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use various Android devices, one on Verizon, with no issues.  There have been scattered reports of no Arlo access with cell service but no problem with WiFi.  Try both - any difference?  If so, contact support using the Support link above to raise awareness.

Evan
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat.  Thanks for the advice.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and restarted the phone a few times after, and miraculously (and randomly) it started working again.  I am not sure what process was the one that fixed the issue.  If this happens i will def. call the support line for some help, but as of now it works.

Thanks to everyone that replied and helped solve the issue.