We browser indicates Gateway Offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kevvan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera kit shows online but the website indicates the gateway is offline.  When I look at the router it has all three light lit - Power, Internet, and Camera.

I brought my camera's in and re-synced them and it appears they are triggered when something comes into view but the gateway is showing offline so i can't see anything from them. 

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
urbanryno
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue with me. Get used to it. I've had these cameras for a while and connection/response time/access to mode status is very inconsistant. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What does the app show - same thing on both cell and WiFi?  Try power cycling the base using the power switch.

kevvan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did turn the base station off and on several times.  I

have not gone as far as removing them and resetting to factory but i'm assuming that is my next step.  What perplexes me is that it shows that everything is connected and my senses tell me that the cameras are operational but the gateway is not connected to the app because it has a new IP address or something.

We had a power outage and the cameras did not come back after that.  My suspicion is that it was issued a new IP address from the router and that confused the system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The address is not the issue.  The app or browser isn't connecting directly to the base (your router would block it for starters) but to the Arlo servers. 

I suspect the real issue is the power outage causing an issue with the system as has been noted here on occasion. Theoretically, everything should reconnect without issue but there have been reports of disconnected devices.  

The first thing to consider is a UPS/battery backup for your network.  This would power your modem, router and base during any outages for many hours.  A ~$100 750VA unit would be sufficient but if you get very long outages you may want to consider larger units.  Since the various devices never go offline, you don't get the problem in the first place.

As for regaining control of your system, try opening and closing the battery doors, resetting the cameras.  Consider fresh batteries since the lack of connection to the base while it was off can drain the batteries due to the cameras trying to connect.  Bring them inside and try resyncing them using the sync button on the base briefly (<1 second) and then the camera sync button.  If all else fails, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Power cycle the base and use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base back in, followed by resyncing the cameras.  If that fails, it's likely a bad base (perhaps the power outage damaged it).  You'll need to contact support using the Support link at the top of these pages to open a case for replacement.