Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
GAHope
Guide
Guide

Every time I use the Arlo application it freezes my iPhone. I must wait 30 seconds or more before the phone stats responding again. In that time the phone will not respond at all. This is the only application that has this issue on my phone. iPhone 12 MAX.  All of my cameras are updated and my phone is updated. 

I have an H4 and H3 cameras also. 4 cameras total. 1 is WiFi at a different location. 

I have reinstalled the application. 

I see in the community that others are having the same issue. 

Please help.

41 REPLIES 41
bassinhuntin
Tutor
Tutor
I am running same iOS. Not freezing as much but still freezing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? There has been a few updates over the last couple weeks. 

omt66
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is exactly what happened to me a few times with my iPhone 12. Everything is up to date, but still happening!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@omt66

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? 

maricj2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, screen freezes and nothing works
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@maricj2000

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using and iOS version?

echo191177
Guide
Guide
Since updates of the app and the os are completely automatic nowadays….

It’s always the latest version, now and forever.
GAHope
Guide
Guide
You don’t understand. They don’t care what version you are on. It’s just the next question. That’s all you will get is question. They have not fixed this issue and doesn’t sound like they ever will. Good luck
GAHope
Guide
Guide
I have come to believe that shayne is a BOT that can ask only one question. What version are you on. If you look back at the history that is all you will see.
echo191177
Guide
Guide
Ye, probably true. People seem to be happy anyway. Still paying for subscriptions. As soon as people are leaving them for other products they might do something about it. But it will be to late then…hopefully.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I can assure you I'm not a bot, This issue is not widespread. The questions you receive are required to help TS the root cause. 

I do not experience this issue on an iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5 & iOS 16 (Beta) with Arlo Secure app v3.6.8

Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@maricj2000

I have sent you a PM. Please let me know if you received it.

Thank you 

Merman
Guide
Guide

iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.5 and Arlo version 3.6.8 (3421)

As soon as I enter live mode my phone turns into a brick. At this point my phone is frozen on the arlo screen and no combination of phone buttons will help. After approx 1 minute the phone hard reboots. Viewing recorded video works fine. 

Summer4me
Guide
Guide
Reality is, it still occurs, locking up the display. It seems a little less than before the recent iOS update, but still happens.

But I tend to agree, this is a bot support channel. I still never received resolution on accessing my data remotely again. It used to work. Then they changed the rules to port forwarding only. I can’t do that with Starlink internet.
So I had the option, one major reason I bought the second set of Arlo cameras with base station. It worked ; Arlo updated the code and poof.
Opened up a case here and was told “ working on it”. Was told “we updated (didn’t say if it was the firmware or the app). Still not working but nothing more from Arlo.
Was going to purchase another set for a third home, but I don’t think so.
Merman
Guide
Guide

I was contacted by arlo support. Ended up on a phone call. arlo app works fine from my iPad or web site. Deleted iPhone arlo app, rebooted phone, did a phone Reset Network Settings, re-installed arlo app. So far, working as advertised. 

MagicSkagit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. 12 max pro is updated, and so is the Arlo app. When watching the live video my phone freezes and when I try to shut it down it takes 1-5 minutes before it responds. I was hoping that I would find answers here but from what I have read, it doesn't appear Arlo has any solutions. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MagicSkagit

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? I have reported this to my team in the meantime.

Thanks