Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
So I've had this once before and miraculously it was all fine the next morning. BUT this time all cameras and base station have been offline for two days so far... I have re-synced all cameras successfully, rebooted hub and router, all three required lights on hub are green. Can access internet via alternate devices. All seems to be working well apart from I can no longer see the camera feeds from the mobile app???
61 REPLIES 61
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if an issue with the camera or location.

Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you - tried that too - no luck either, sadly in different locations still had the same problem - as I thought perhaps the same thing as it was only affecting the one camera, but it was still having the amber Warning in all locations
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Yep off in uk for over 24 hours ffs
Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Based in the UK too....Really helpful isn’t it when you’re trying to ensure the safety of your home remotely
Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just been chatting online to an Arlo Agent - sounds like this is a common problem

The fix - to delete the app and re-download the Arlo App

I hadn’t done this (with the concern of losing all previous data, as this was something I had looked at earlier), but fed up with not having a resolution decided to try it

Deleted app, reinstalled the Arlo app

Yay - Amber Warning on Live Feed now disappeared & previous footage is still there.

Hopefully it may work for any other people who have issues with the app

Thankfully, I don’t appear to have to do anything further
ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
Anyone updated to the newest 2.4.9? I'm reluctant to do it now what with recent events...?
Any reason for update? Worth updating? Don't bother? lol
Juno83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done the update and so far, not had any issues. The deletion of the app worked a treat if anyone is still having issues, might be worth a try.
Thomas1234567
Tutor
Tutor
I have the very same issue since 48 hours. Base station and cameras offline even though the internet ist fine.
Power cycled the base station and deleted and reinstalled the app.
Bloody thing still offline.
Glad I bought the set just recently, because if it doesn’t work by the weekend it’ll go right back to amazon.

Resetting the base station could be something I’m willing to try. But no way I resync all the cameras. They are mounted around the house. If I have to take them down they won’t go up again......
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the 3 green LEDs are lit on the base, the system should be working. It may be a display issue - have you tried both the app and a browser (or a second brrowser)? For the app, try both WiFi and cell service (work networks can be a problem if on WiFi).

Thomas1234567
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your efforts.

The 3 leds on the base are lit green.

The lan cable in the base station definitely works. Tried that (by plugging it into my laptop).

I tried the app on my iPhone. Reinstalled the app, tried again. Tried it on my home WiFi as well as cellular from work. Tried the app on the iPad.

Tried the website in internet explorer. 

I restarted the base. Via the button on the back and by removing the wall plug.

Result of all this: base station and all cameras still offline!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It'll be a PITA but the fastest thing to try is to start fresh. Note all your settings and modes/rules before you start. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. All should be good. No explanation for why you would need to do that.

Thomas1234567
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe it helps someone:

i was ready to reset and reconnect everything. So I deleted the base in my app. Then I thought I’ll try to add it again without resetting it first. The app then showed the base as connected but I didn’t get any live picture. After a hard restart of the app it actually worked again. Without reconnecting any of the cameras. They were still there. 

So I’ll give it another chance. Especially since I wasn’t able to find another product that ticked all my required boxes 😉