Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing mode when I leave the house; and then when I am in the house use the Schedule mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

FUTURE UPDATE TO THE ARLO APP..  Android version..

The Android app has the following functions.

ARMED              Motion detection on

DISARMED        Motion detection off

SCHEDULE         Manage based on schedule

GEOFENCING    Manage by your location.

I don’t believe that my situation is unique in that I use the Geofencing mode when I leave the house for work or pleasure; and then when I am in the house I Geofencing mode when I leave the house for work or pleasure; and then when I am in the house I use the Schedule mode

Geofencing for perhaps 08.00 until when I return at 18.00.

Schedule for the evenings from 18.05 and at night until about 06.00 next morning.

Why is it not possible to tie these two modes together, so that the Arlo system becomes completely automatic.

Thus Geofencing for the working day, followed by automatic turn on, as per schedule, in the late evenings for the nightime.   Weekends and holidays obviously excluded, as these are likely to be variable, but anyway can be set as the customer requires.

MY REQUEST then becomes the ability to combine the Schedule mode into the Geofencing mode.

Or is there a work around that I do not know.??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kwenda,

This can be done by setting the Geofencing "Home" setting to Schedule and your Geofencing "Away" setting to "Armed"

This will then function based on the schedule you have set when you are "Home" and always be "Armed" when you are away.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kwenda,

This can be done by setting the Geofencing "Home" setting to Schedule and your Geofencing "Away" setting to "Armed"

This will then function based on the schedule you have set when you are "Home" and always be "Armed" when you are away.

JamesC

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great...  Many Thanks...