Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Cameras are offline

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JimSwindell
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased a Arlo Security System - 3 Wire Free HD Cameras (VMS3330) and all cameras go offline periodically.  The batteries are full, the base station has been reset and the wireless router is fine.  I receive no notification that are offline and the only way I can fix is take the cameras down and open the battery case to reset them. Why does this keep happening? 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
When offline, what do the base LEDs show?
JimSwindell
Tutor
Tutor

I am not currently at home but I will respond as soon as I get there.  Thanks

JimSwindell
Tutor
Tutor

The power button (left) is illuminated and the next button to the right are illuminated

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But what color?  Amber indicates a problem, green means go.

JimSwindell
Tutor
Tutor
Green
Jrullo
Guide
Guide

Hi, this is happening with me too.  Just started a few days ago. Two out of 3 of my cameras are going offline, usually right after motion is detected.  All batteries are new and the system configuration/distance from the base station hasn't changed in over a year.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lack of a green Camera LED means no cameras are connected. This can be due to dead batteries or something that caused a lack of sync, such as an extended power outage. You'll need to resyn the cameras.

As for occasional cameraoffline messages, I've been getting some of those recently, too. I find that logging out and back in fixes it.