Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All Cameras Appear Offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
willpete
Aspirant
Aspirant

All devices offline

First cameras were offline.  have used system several years.  Removed cameras then removed base station.  Re adde base.  No firmware listed.  camera devices (4) wont add.  green power,  green internet,  amber camera.   camera led turns green when sync on base pushed.  camera blinks blue.   stops and starts a few times camera led turns to amber.   no changes to my system.  Tried android and pc windows 10.

lost

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. For good measure, press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. After booting, use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. The Camera LED should then be out and you should be able to sync the cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are only doing a quick press on the base sync button and then the camera... some docs say hold for 2 sec which is incorrect.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
willpete
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks   TomMac

for the repply.  tried it but was still unsuccessful

will

willpete
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks         jguerdat

Partial fix...                         Base and 3 of 4 camera  were added and are working.   all firmware is latest version.

Continuing problems:

1) one camera will not add after following same procedure with both android and pc.  several attempts each.  This camera was online and working properly prior to this fiasco.

2) 1 of the 3 cameras added goes offline after a base station is turned off and on with button.  times 3.   Adds back on no problem.

system is 5 years old.  Mostly flawless operation.  Initial purchase 2 cameras.  camera added at about 1 yyean and 2 years.

Thanks

Will

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It tends to sound like your base may be headed south. Do you happen to have another to try? Amazon has them for under $70 but you might want to try temporarily syncing the cameras to another base (maybe a friend's?) to prove they're ok.

You could also open a case with support here since they have access to logs which may be useful.

willpete
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I will look into a new base

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Willpete,

To add to what jguerdat mentioned, You may need to escalate this issue to Arlo Technical Support. I have provided the link for Arlo Tech Support. Arlo Tech Support

dugchia
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras appear offline
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dugchia,

Have you tried to reboot your base station?