Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding more wireless cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lynz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!  I have two wired Arlo cameras and the base station.  We also purchased 4 wireless.  We used all 6 cameras over the summer and then we stopped using the wireless, leaving only the wired active.  I have been trying to get the wire free ones going again and I can't get them to show up in "My Devices".  They are functioning, as I was able to sync them with the base station yet no matter what I did I can't them to show in devices.  I've tried even turning the base station off and restarting....help?  Thank you so much!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Does the base show up in Settings, My Devices? You may need to remove it from there and start fresh.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lynz,

When you stopped using the Wire-free cameras, was the base station removed from the account? If so, the base station would need to be added back to the account before syncing the cameras.

JamesC

Lynz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ooooo DUH!  That must be it, because I don't see the base in My Devices!!!  So, the next $10,000 question is....how do I add it back??  I've already disconnected it from the router as well as turned it off/on.....thank you SO MUCH!

Lynz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your help, after I read your post I started to realize that something must be wrong because I don't see the base in My Devices, and the second solution from JamesC confirmed that I must have done something wrong.  Thanks again!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lynz,

You can add the base station back to your account by logging in to the account and clicking "Add Device". Choose "Base Station" and follow the on-screen prompts.

JamesC