Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Blwal32
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max and no matter which method of authentication I use, I keep receiving the message  "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." I have tried multiple times. 

I have spend the last several days attempting to troubleshoot this issue.  I have checked my settings because I wasn't receiving push notifications, I checked to make sure that I was using the most updated app, I attempted to sign in to the Arlo webpage (my desktop was also not recognized as a trusted device), and I used every other authentication method available on my phone.  I have to trade in my old phone soon, so I will have no way to view any of my 8 cameras.

I appreciate that Arlo has updated its security, but if I cannot view my cameras then they are no good to me. I see that multiple people have also experienced this problem, but I do not see a solution in the community.  I was also unsuccessful at trying to send Arlo a message to resolve this issue since it is automated and did not recognize my problem.

I am now considering if instead of upgrading my 8 Arlo cameras, if it is time to Blink.  I am really hoping for a response here, so that everyone with the same problem can also find a resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blwal32 wrote:

I recently purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max and no matter which method of authentication I use, I keep receiving the message  "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." I have tried multiple times.

That's an issue Arlo is investigating - for now just choose "Don't trust".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blwal32 wrote:

That's an issue Arlo is investigating - for now just choose "Don't trust".

brian_y
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased an iPhone 13 pro max and had the same issue; I know this sounds stupid but click don't trust. it acts like you hit trust because it allowed me back in like nothing happened, almost threw it all away when I couldn't contact anyone.